Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Since I absolutely love marinated flank steak, I've tried several recipes. This is sort of a conglomeration of all the best!
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large ziploc bag.
- Score steak by making shallow diagonal cuts across steak.
- Add steak to bag, seal bag.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 24 hours).
- When ready to cook, remove steak from bag.
- You can either grill or broil it.
- 12 to 14 minutes or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness).
- If you want to serve the marinade as a sauce, bring it to a boil in a small saucepan, reduce heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
Abso;utely Delicious. Never had flank steak before, but gave it a whirl. Was as tender as filet mignon. Marinaded for about 2 hours and cooked on gas grill about 10 minutes for rare. I added a good squeeze of lemon juice to the marinade as well. Next time will probably use a little less honey, as it was on the sweet side. Will definitely make again. Using the leftover meat tonight to make beef-lo-mein for the guys!
This was really tasty! It marinated for about 8-9 hours and came out amazingly tender. We added more garlic, as we do for most things that call for it, and a teaspoon of red pepper flake. It came out a tad sweet for our taste, so next time we plan to but in a bit less honey and a bit more red pepper flake.
I hope to do this on the grill next time as well. I think it would be awesome on the grill. But, February in Illinois doesn't lend itself to grilling.
This is a wonderful way to prepare flank steak. I actually added about a 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to marinade and the dish became something akin to Mongolian Steak. My husband just adores this recipe. Served it w/ sauted pea pods and brown rice.