Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Great recipe for the grill. You may marinate these steaks for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Make and share this Marinated Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Prick steaks all over with a fork.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, whisk together garlic, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, apple juice, whiskey, mustard, Worcestershire, and Tabasco sauce.
- Add steaks, and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, 1 hour, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Lift steaks from marinade onto a platter; set aside.
- Make sauce: Place reserved marinade in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook until thickened and reduced to about 1 cup, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to high, lightly oil grates.
- Place steaks on grill.
- Cook, turning once, until well browned and cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board, and tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Serve with sauce.
Great flavor! Don't skip the whiskey ( I used Jack Daniels)--it really adds to the flavor. I marinated 24 hours. Great on grill, but during winter here, I think it would work well under broiler, too! Thanks for posting, Carolinafan. (from a Seahawks fan-but lets not dwell on the past! :))