Recipe by debsalkin
This is a very easy marinade and is especially good when heated and used as a sauce when serving. I recommend using tamari (can be found in health food stores) rather than soy sauce since it has considerably less sodium content and keeps the meat more tender. Soy sauce is certainly an alternative if you have no tamari on hand. This recipe is always a crowd pleaser and the meat is delicious leftover and cold the next day.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups tamari
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until sugar is well dissolved.
- Put flank steak in a large Ziploc bag and pour in marinade.
- making sure to cover meat completely and store flat.
- Marinate at least 4 hours, can leave overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade and reserve liquid.
- Grill meat as desired.
- Heat leftover marinade until boiling and serve on the side.