Coconut Marinated fish taken from a recipe found in NZ's Cuisine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the fish into bite-size pieces and place in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- 2Squeeze the lemons and then cover the fish completely with the juice. (You may need more than 4.)
- 3Sprinkle with salt and gently mix.
- 4Cover well and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- 5Heat the peanut oil in a small frying pan, add the cardamom and caraway seeds and fry them gently for 1 minute.
- 6Then add the sliced onion and fry for 5 minutes over gentle heat, stirring often, and taking care not to brown the onions.
- 7Remove from the heat and cool.
- 8When the fish is well marinated in the lemon and the flesh has turned opaque, drain well, discarding the salty lemon juice.
- 9Place fish in a clean bowl and add the spice and onion mixture, coriander and coconut cream.
- 10Stir through gently and season to taste if necessary.
- 11Cover and return to fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 12Bring to room temperature and serve as an appetizer or an entrée course with a little green salad.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Fish in Spices, Red Onion & Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 781.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g