Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is similar to the recipe used by Massa's restaurant in Houston. They serve it with their pan roasted fresh vegetable medley (also posted this recipe separately). It's so simple and quick, but impressive, that it's a great recipe for entertaining. Note: I had to give a cooking time, but that varies depending on whether you are grilling steaks (also how thick your steaks are) or if you are roasting the tenderloin.
Top Review by Jedley
I'm in Italy so can't get blackening seasoning, so I made my own. For those in a similar situation, this works great: 1 tbsp. paprika 3 tsp. salt 1 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp. white pepper 1/2 tsp. thyme 1/2 tsp. oregano Use a tsp of the resulting mixture, and this filet recipe will blow your mind!!!
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin or 2 lbs steaks
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and prepare filet.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Place in zip bag with tenderloin and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook to desired temperature (roast or grill).
- Serve with demi-glace or brown gravy.
- Can top with sauteed mushrooms, if desired.