Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is similar to the recipe used by Massa's restaurant in Houston. They serve it with their pan roasted fresh vegetable medley (also posted this recipe separately). It's so simple and quick, but impressive, that it's a great recipe for entertaining. Note: I had to give a cooking time, but that varies depending on whether you are grilling steaks (also how thick your steaks are) or if you are roasting the tenderloin.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin or 2 lbs steaks
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Clean and prepare filet.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Place in zip bag with tenderloin and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook to desired temperature (roast or grill).
- Serve with demi-glace or brown gravy.
- Can top with sauteed mushrooms, if desired.
I'm in Italy so can't get blackening seasoning, so I made my own. For those in a similar situation, this works great: 1 tbsp. paprika 3 tsp. salt 1 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp. white pepper 1/2 tsp. thyme 1/2 tsp. oregano Use a tsp of the resulting mixture, and this filet recipe will blow your mind!!!
Fantastic! My family and husband just loved it. I will be using this marinate not only on my Filet Mignon but on every roast I make. I did not have any blackening seasoning but did go by Jedley recipe and it all turned out great. This is the first review I have ever given. Thanks
What a fabulous recipe! For the first time, I marinated filet mignon and it was exquisite! I used a grilling pan right on the stove; no flare-ups here! No leftovers, either! You MUST try this recipe!