- 1 lb feta cheese, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted (not necessary but nice - leaving the pits in is more authentic - just warn guests)
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice (always fresh!)
- Combine the peppers, feta and olives in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and toss gently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently again.
- Adjust seasonings, cover and chill atleast 5 hours before serving.
Fabulous, Evelyn. I must say, I started it in slight despair, having got a whole tub of pitted kalamatas which turned out to be a little bitter. So, I was looking for a disguise. It was way better than I ever expected, and I'd even use the same olives again.
This is really great! I have used a combination of canned green & black olives in place of the kalamata olives and it is still one of my favorite recipes. My sister insists that I bring it to the Thanksgiving dinner each year.
WOW! I can't believe only two other people have reviewed this recipe. This might just be my favorite new appetizer. It went together so quickly and tasted great immediately. I'm trying to wait the entire 5 hours before I eat it but I'm not sure I'll make it. I can't wait to serve this to friends! Thanks for another great recipe Evelyn.