Recipe by queenbeatrice
This a very tasty appetizer, served with toasted Italian bread and chopped tomatoes. I always have a jar of this in the refrigerator for when I have unexpected guests.
Top Review by luvcook'n
Wonderful!!!! It was hard waiting for the 2 weeks but well worth it. Served this to guests who raved about it. I took your advice and served with toasted french baguette and chopped tomatoes. Great to have on hand! Thank you for sharing, Pink! Made for KK`s Greek Forum.
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 8 corriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted olive
- fresh oregano sprig, to taste
- olive oil, to cover
- bread, to toast
- tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut feta cheese into cubes. Slice garlic. Place peppercorns and corriander seeds in a mortar and crush lightly with pestle.
- Pack the feta cubes into a large preserving jar with bay leaf, interspersing layers of cheese with garlic, crushed peppercorns and corriander, capers, olives and the fresh oregano sprigs.
- Pour enough olive oil in jar, to cover. Close tightly and leave to marinate for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Lift out the feta cubes and serve on toasted bread with chopped tomatoes and a little of the flavored oil.