Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a very tasty appetizer, served with toasted Italian bread and chopped tomatoes. I always have a jar of this in the refrigerator for when I have unexpected guests.
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 8 corriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted olive
- fresh oregano sprig, to taste
- olive oil, to cover
- bread, to toast
- tomatoes, chopped
- Cut feta cheese into cubes. Slice garlic. Place peppercorns and corriander seeds in a mortar and crush lightly with pestle.
- Pack the feta cubes into a large preserving jar with bay leaf, interspersing layers of cheese with garlic, crushed peppercorns and corriander, capers, olives and the fresh oregano sprigs.
- Pour enough olive oil in jar, to cover. Close tightly and leave to marinate for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Lift out the feta cubes and serve on toasted bread with chopped tomatoes and a little of the flavored oil.
Wonderful!!!! It was hard waiting for the 2 weeks but well worth it. Served this to guests who raved about it. I took your advice and served with toasted french baguette and chopped tomatoes. Great to have on hand! Thank you for sharing, Pink! Made for KK`s Greek Forum.
I have made something similar to this in the past and made this a few days ago but omitted the coriander seeds as I did not have any, just tasted the feta today and it is wonderful I look forward to it in the next couple of weeks when the flavor intensifys even more, thank you PD, this was made for KK's forum Veggie tag game
The two weeks have passed, JUST, and I have tried this delicious recipe out today with home-made oat bread for a delectable light lunch! I made it as posted and used a medley of peppers - white, black, pinks and green for a pretty as a picture dish. The flavours were infused throughout the mixture as well as the feta cheese - this is 10 star IMHO! Merci darlink! Karen/FT:-)