1/4 Photos of Marinated Feta
24 hrs 10 mins
This is a great recipe for marinated feta. Try to chop the red bell pepper and the olives as small as possible. Together with the green herbs the feta looks really colourful and tastes delicious. The recipe is adapted from a Swiss cooking magazine called 'Le Menu' (September 05). I changed the oil as I prefer olive oil to rapeseed oil. But feel free to use rapeseed oil if desired. The stated amount serves six as an appetizer. Marinating time of 24 hours is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 red bell pepper, very finely chopped
- 4 black olives, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or rapeseed oil)
- 1Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- 2Put cubed feta and marinade into a shallow plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Cover with the lid and marinate in the fridge for 24 hours or more. Turn the container lid-side down after a few hours to make sure the feta gets marinated evenly. You may want to turn your container a few times. (The olive oil may thicken in the fridge, but turn into liquid again at room temperature).
- 3SERVE:You may want to stick a toothpick into every feta cube or just serve it as it is. Serve with (toasted) slices of baguette.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Feta
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.1
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 1643.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 29.6 g