Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A wonderful recipe to use up your crop of summer tomatoes. Cooking time is chilling time.
- fresh small button mushroom (any amount)
- 3 -4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 5 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 crushed fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional and to taste)
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients in a jar (adjusting to suit taste) and shake well to combine.
- Pour over the veggies; toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for a minumum of 3 hours.
Super simple and tastes divine! Great side salad. Thanks for posting!
Outstanding! Such a unique and addicting flavor - a touch spicy, tart, sweet. I'm surprised it hasn't been reviewed yet, but glad I get to be the first one. I followed the recipe but I left out the optional parsley, used olive oil, and served it with right away (last minute dinner side with chicken apple sausages), but I had leftover sauce, so I added more mushrooms and tomatoes and stuck that in the fridge to have tomorrow. I used 2 green onions, about 8oz larger button mushrooms that I halved and quartered, 7 smallish tomatoes, 1/2 t salt and 1/8 t pepper. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe - I could see using the marinade on green salads and even meats (to marinate or as a dipping sauce).