Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Next to dipped in ranch dressing, this is my favorite way to eat cucumbers. I love the cool flavor of the sour cream with the crunch of the cucumbers. If you are like my mom, you will remove the seeds ("to get rid of the burp"). If you're like me, you'll wonder what she's talking about while munching on these, seeds and all! :)
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- To serve: drain mixture. Add sour cream and dill; mix well.
Oh yum. I'm making this tonight for the second time in a week. I've done the vinegar marinade for years but I love the addition of sour cream.
I could have almost rated these without making them, as it is just how I make them, but mine are without the sour cream. These were very tasty and I liked the added creaminess of the sour cream!!
Very nice. Marinated for just over an hour and enjoyed with a charmoula chicken and a couscous salad.