Recipe by Charmed
This is an easy and delicious version from Domino sugar, made a bit out-of-the-ordinary by the addition of brown sugar. Time does not include chilling and marinating time.
Top Review by Regina00214
I've never liked cucumbers in vinegar before, until now. I've made this twice now, the first time exactly as is and the second time as is but with 1/4 tsp garlic powder added to it. Delicious both ways. Thanks for posting.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup domino brownulated brown sugar (see note below for substitution information)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash pepper (generous)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate at least a few hours, until ready to serve.
- Stir occasionally to make sure all the cucumbers are marinating evenly.
- NOTE: Brownulated Brown Sugar is a granulated brown sugar made by Domino Sugar.
- For the 1/4 cup required, you can substitute a mixture of 3 1/2 tablespoons of light brown sugar mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of granulated white sugar.