Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and delicious version from Domino sugar, made a bit out-of-the-ordinary by the addition of brown sugar. Time does not include chilling and marinating time.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup domino brownulated brown sugar (see note below for substitution information)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash pepper (generous)
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate at least a few hours, until ready to serve.
- Stir occasionally to make sure all the cucumbers are marinating evenly.
- NOTE: Brownulated Brown Sugar is a granulated brown sugar made by Domino Sugar.
- For the 1/4 cup required, you can substitute a mixture of 3 1/2 tablespoons of light brown sugar mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of granulated white sugar.
I've never liked cucumbers in vinegar before, until now. I've made this twice now, the first time exactly as is and the second time as is but with 1/4 tsp garlic powder added to it. Delicious both ways. Thanks for posting.
This a fabulous recipe! Not to much vinegar, just the right amount of sweetness. I did add a bit of sliced onion and 1/2 tsp. of olive oil to the recipe. This was a huge hit at the 4th of July cookout!! Thanks for sharing.
Excellent!! Great sweet sour taste! I used Splenda brown sugar and omited the celery seeds. This recipe is a keeper!!