Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and refreshing summer side dish.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (or 1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 Tbsp. dried parsley)
- Wash and peel the cucumber. Slice as thin as possible (you may want to use a mandolin).
- Place the cucumber slices into a wide-mouthed jar, or other container with a lid.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the jar and shake well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to a week.