Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Marinated in bourbon and grilled with creole seasonings. Quick and easy. Good served with a steamed vegetable medley of asparagus, baby carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and radishes.
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 lb lean top round steak (1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Marinate beef in bourbon for at least 1 hour (up to 8 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Remove from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, mixing well; press evenly into both sides of steak.
- Grill 12-14 minutes at 140F for rare or 160F for medium, turning once.
- Serve as whole steaks or cut steak diagonally into thin slices.