Recipe by hiwayman
This is a very simple yet very delicious recipe and meal. My grandparents grew up in the bay area, california. An area that is popular for the dungenees crab. They knew the owner of a local resturant who made this dish for his friends but was not on the menu. They were fortunate to get the recipe. The recipe works best with fresh live crabs but will do well with previously frozen crabs.
- 2 -3 crabs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and crack crab and place in large bowl.
- Mix the above items together and pour over the crab.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley over crab.
- Let marinate for several hours to over night in the refrigerator, mixing well every couple of hours.
- I usually do 7-8 crabs so just increase the measurements accordingly. Make sure you serve with some San Francisco sourdough bread frest from the bakery. Its very nice to mop us the juice thats left from the marinate. Please let me know what you think. Please enjoy.