Recipe by Impera_Magna
Great for cookouts and picnics (when you don't want to use a mayo-based dressing) as well as for any time. Definitely a family favorite. The recipe makes a bunch but is easily cut in half.
Top Review by M. Joan
Thanks, Impera Magna, for adding the missing ingredient to your cole slaw recipe (amount of sugar.) Mighty tasty slaw and will be making it again for supper tonight. I did cut back just a wee bit on the sugar. I also cut the recipe in half for just two of us. Thanx again!
- 2 heads cabbage, shredded
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, and salt to boil, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine vegetables in large bowl.
- Pour marinate over vegetables; cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Toss before serving.