Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for cookouts and picnics (when you don't want to use a mayo-based dressing) as well as for any time. Definitely a family favorite. The recipe makes a bunch but is easily cut in half.
- 2 heads cabbage, shredded
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, and salt to boil, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine vegetables in large bowl.
- Pour marinate over vegetables; cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Toss before serving.
Thanks, Impera Magna, for adding the missing ingredient to your cole slaw recipe (amount of sugar.) Mighty tasty slaw and will be making it again for supper tonight. I did cut back just a wee bit on the sugar. I also cut the recipe in half for just two of us. Thanx again!