1/1 Photo of Marinated Cocktail Shrimp
I keep a couple of bags of pre-cooked cocktail shrimp in the freezer for impromptu gatherings, and here's the method I've come up with to make them into a quick, more flavorful appetizer. Great year round, but I often end up taking it to summer potlucks and picnics. Since folks have asked me for the recipe, I figured I should probably write it up and finally share it here, too. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen tail-on cooked shrimp (about 30-38 or 41-50 count, not the tiny kind)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste (such as Johnny's or Lawry's)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1/4 teaspoon other chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood cocktail sauce
- seafood cocktail sauce, your favorite kind, for dipping
- 1Place the frozen shrimp in a colander in the sink, and run hot water over them while stirring occasionally until they separate and begin to thaw, about 1 minute.
- 2Set aside to drain for another 5 minutes or so until they're thawed yet still chilled in the middles, then place them in a large bowl.
- 3To the bowl add the sherry, lime juice, seasoning salt, black pepper, ancho powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cocktail sauce, and stir well to coat; set aside for another 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- 4(You can put them in a container in the fridge for later, if need be, or into a container for taking to a picnic or potluck.).
- 5Serve with your favorite cocktail sauce for dipping.
- 6Note: you can, of course, use the marinade on thawed cooked shrimp - just toss them well in the marinade and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cocktail Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 538.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce