Prep 6 hrs
Cook 16 mins
From Mom's notebooks. Calorie count will reflect the full amount of the marinade, even though most of it will be left behind. Marinade can be frozen and reused for up to a year.
- 4 Delmonico steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick (aka club steaks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in large zip top bag. Add steaks. Press out as much air as possible and seal. Refrigerate 2-6 hours, turning several times.
- Drain steak from marinade and bring to room temperature. Grill or broil 6-8 minutes on each side.