Recipe by ~Nimz~
Delicious and easy to prepare
Top Review by Bittersweetened
This was very tasty, however a little too spicy for us. I think next time we will use less red pepper flakes. We also think next time we will cut down on the cilantro since it seemed to be a little overwhelming for our tastes. Instead of chicken breasts, I used grilled chicken strips which made it easy for putting it with a salad. Overall very refreshing salad on a hot summer night. Thanks for posting.
- 3 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 ounces maifun, fried in hot oil as directed on package. (Just takes a few seconds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour marinade over chicken, coating each piece well.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. (Depending on how large your chicken breast are. Mine were small and were done in 5 1/2 hours on low).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool.
- Reserve juices and place in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes then strain if desired. (I didn't strain it but you might want to if you have excess residual.).
- Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients with 1/2 cup of the juice from the slow cooker.
- In a large serving bowl toss together the shredded chicken, lettuce, carrots, peanuts, cilantro, and noodles.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the salad dressing.
- Toss well and serve.