Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing, and have a great taste in this refreshing salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas (garbanzos), corn, onion, carrot, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, paprika, vinegars, garlic, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, 2-3 hours is better.
This was very good and quite flavorful. I added a bit of dried mint too. I served it as a side dish at a backyard barbecue and everyone enjoyed it.
Healthy and delicious. The perfect start to a New Year. I used frozen "steam in a bag" corn, added some roasted peppers and half of a jalapeno. Yum! I love that you can pretty much throw in whatevever you would like to use because the flavor base is so delicious, it's hard to mess it up. Thank you.
This is a great salad, and nice to have in the fridge, ready to serve with a sandwich. The dressing is very nice, and just the right amount. Thanks for the recipe! It is filed in my favorites.