Recipe by Studentchef
The Montreal Gazette printed this recipe and attributed it to Mom's Best Crowd-Pleasers by Andrea Chesman. I hope to make this soon.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Very simple and whipped it together in no time. I appreciate that there isn't an excessive amount of oil. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal (as we enjoyed it over greens/baby spinach), potluck, etc. Used fresh herbs from the garden. Love the crunch of the celery, too. For color, red onion was used. Reviewed for Veg Tag/May.
- 3 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 sweet white onions or 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrot and herbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Por over the salad mixture and let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Or make up to eight hours ahead, refrigerate covered, then bring to room temperature before serving.