1/3 Photos of Marinated Chickpea Salad
The Montreal Gazette printed this recipe and attributed it to Mom's Best Crowd-Pleasers by Andrea Chesman. I hope to make this soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet white onions or 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large bowl combine chickpeas, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrot and herbs.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Por over the salad mixture and let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 4Or make up to eight hours ahead, refrigerate covered, then bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 628.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar