This has a nice Middle Eastern flavor and is very simple to make and just requires a few hours to marinate to blend the flavors. Goes great as a side dish or stuffed into halves of warmed pita bread.
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained
- 198.44 g jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 118.29 ml pitted kalamata olive
- 118.29 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped fresh mint
- 9.85 ml za'atar spice mix (optional)
- 4.92 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Place chickpeas, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, feta, scallions, and parsley into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- In another small bowl, mix together vinegar, mint, z'atar (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking to blend.
- Add dressing to salad and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight (best), to blend flavors.
- Serve chilled.