This has a nice Middle Eastern flavor and is very simple to make and just requires a few hours to marinate to blend the flavors. Goes great as a side dish or stuffed into halves of warmed pita bread.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons za'atar spice mix (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place chickpeas, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, feta, scallions, and parsley into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- In another small bowl, mix together vinegar, mint, z'atar (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking to blend.
- Add dressing to salad and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight (best), to blend flavors.
- Serve chilled.