1/6 Photos of Marinated Chickpea and Artichoke Salad with Feta
4 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This has a nice Middle Eastern flavor and is very simple to make and just requires a few hours to marinate to blend the flavors. Goes great as a side dish or stuffed into halves of warmed pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons za'atar spice mix (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Place chickpeas, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, feta, scallions, and parsley into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- 2In another small bowl, mix together vinegar, mint, z'atar (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 3Slowly add olive oil, whisking to blend.
- 4Add dressing to salad and stir well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight (best), to blend flavors.
- 6Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chickpea and Artichoke Salad with Feta
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 1299.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g