Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a New Years day stable for us. It is easy to make and easy to eat. Great for the day after New Years Eve when you really don't want to do anything.
- 18 lbs chicken wings
- 4 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Thaw and prep the chicken wings by cutting them into individual sections. A great time saver for this is to buy frozen prepared wings from your local bulk supplier.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a sauce pan and place over medium heat to help the sugar dissolve. You need to stir this often so the sugar will not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Place wings in a 9x12 deep baking pan. You will need approximately 1 pan per 5 pounds of wings. You want to pack them tightly because they will shrink while cooking.
- Evenly pour liquid over the wings. Making sure they are covered as much as possible.
- Either simmer on stove top for 1 1/2 hours or place in a preheated oven for 2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Stir ever 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wings are done with they become dark brown.