Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living Hall of Fame.
- 3⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make dressing: stir all dressing ingredients together until well blended; cover and chill up to 3 days.
- To make salad: Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a bowl; set aside 1/2 cup for later use.
- Pour remaining mixture evenly into 2 heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bags.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus; put asparagus spears in 1 bag; add chicken to other bag; seal bags and chill at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and asparagus; throwing out used marinade.
- Put chicken on a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Put asparagus in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Stir together the reserved soy sauce mixture, mustard, and sesame seeds; pour 1/2 cup mixture over chicken and remaining 1/4 cup mixture over asparagus.
- Bake chicken at 425 degrees for 5 minutes; place asparagus in oven and bake asparagus and chicken for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Cool, if desired.
- Arrange chicken, asparagus, and tomato over salad greens.
- Drizzle with honey-mustard dressing.