1/3 Photos of Marinated Chicken Kebabs With a Peanut Satay Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
I have been making this recipe for years and every time I make it I get rave reviews. It really is nothing special, I think, it is just that, the flavors all come together so well and the peanut sauce is so yummy. I make my sauce with smooth peanut butter as I am not a fan of crunchy, but I think this would be fine if you prefer to have the peanut chunks in the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken breasts (about 800g in weight.)
- 8 long skewers
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I use hot curry powder)
- 3 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
Vegetables for Skewers
- 1Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or storage container. Chop chicken into about 2cm cubed pieces, add to marinade and marinate for several hours or overnight.
- 2Soak skewers in water for about 30 minutes prior to using to prevent them from burning while cooking.
- 3Reserve marinade. Thread a piece of chicken followed by a mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken and vegetables.
- 4Grill or BBQ skewers turning a couple of times and basting with the reserved marinade. Until cooked about 15-20 minutes.
- 5I usually use red and yellow peppers as well but as I was serving these over a Thai-style salad that already had peppers in it, I chose to omit them.
- 7I prefer to make this ahead of time and just re-heat as this allows for the flavors to really come out.
- 8Heat oil in a pan, add onions and garlic and cook to soften onion.
- 9Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, leave on a low heat, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Sauce can be made a day ahead and just re-heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chicken Kebabs With a Peanut Satay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 1939.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce