1/1 Photo of Marinated Chicken Brochettes
2 hrs 20 mins
aunty carol's Note:
This is a Low fat recipe by Delia smith. No need for oil the chicken is moist and tender and great flavour. Good served with a fresh coriander (cilantro) chutney. I served mine with a low fat coleslaw, boiled rice cooked in vegetable stock with fresh coriander and spring onions and a vegetable curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (6oz, 175g)
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled, halved and separated into 8 layers
- 1/2 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 8
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or 1 teaspoon other flavourless oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1To make the marinade.
- 2Crush garlic with 1/2 teaspoon of salt until it becomes a puree. Add the grated ginger. Chop the chilie and coriander add to ginger and garlic with turmeric and black pepper. Mix with the buttermilk.
- 3Now cut each breast into five pieces, then add to marinade and mix. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- 430 minutes before cooking soak the wooden skewers for 30 minutes in hot water.
- 5Preheat the grill to its highest setting for 10 minutes.
- 6Dry the skewers and thread half a bay leaf on to each one, then a piece of chicken, a piece of onion and a piece of pepper. carry on alternating the bay leaf , chicken, onion and pepper until you have threaded five pieces of chicken on each skewer, finishing with half a bay leaf on each. Season with salt and pepper and brush the vegetables with a tiny amount of oil. Lay the brochettes on the grill rack about 4 inches from the heat source. Brush liberally with remaining marinade and grill them for 10 minutes, before turning them over and grilling for a another 10 minutes. Brushing with more marinade as they cook and watching them carefully so they do not burn.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chicken Brochettes
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 372.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 54.5 g