Chicken breast marinated in a sweet mixture of So Co, apricot jam, orange marmalade and other spices.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a saucepan and cook over medium heat just until well blended.
- Remove from heat and pour over chicken.
- Marinate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake chicken in marinade, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve warm or chilled.
We were of 2 minds on this quick-fix recipe w/a nice presentation. I liked it a lot, but DH less so. Except for the addition of orange zest, I made it as written. In the end, we felt it was too sweet for us but the combo of flavors worth tweaking to suit our taste pref. The 2 things we discussed were to reduce the amts of jam & marmalade *or* the addition of cream cheese to the sauce to *mellow* the sweetness. The latter appealed more to DH who shares the European affection for sauces. Made for the *Aug Aussie/NZ Swap* & thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)