1/1 Photo of Marinated Chicken Breast With Coconut Curry Sauce
2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This is different from any other curry I've made in that the chicken is first marinated, and not cooked in the curry sauce itself. The contrasting yet complementary flavors of the marinade and sauce make for an unusual and attractive dish. This pairs especially well with the "Cardamon and Fennel Flavored Rice" recipe which I've posted as well. Preparation time includes 2 hour marinating time. Do not marinate this overnight as the lemon juice will break the fibers of the chicken down too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped (or leave seeds in if you like it spicier)
- 1 lemon grass root, white only,chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1Prepare marinade by mixing in a shallow dish the yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala,and turmeric.
- 2Add the chicken breasts and coat them well with the marinade.
- 3Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Transfer chicken to a small roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- 8As this is cooking, place the chili, lemon grass, coriander seeds, lime juice, shallot, garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend into a paste.
- 9Heat the peanut oil in a small sauce pan.
- 10Add in the paste and gently fry for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 11Add in the coconut milk and mix well.
- 12Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- 13Remove the chicken to the serving plate and spoon the sauce over the top.
- 14Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chicken Breast With Coconut Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon grass root