My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, crumbles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (16 ounce) box gemelli pasta
- 1Cut cream cheese into 1/4 inch cubes.
- 2Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic in a mason jar with a tight lid.
- 3Add cubed cream cheese to the jar - shake well - place in refrigerator overnight.
- 4Fix pasta according to direction on package the day you wish to serve it. Drain well and lightly coat with Extra Virgin oil. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- 5Shake marinade up, and pour into chilled pasta. Add package of crumbled cheddar cheese - mix gently, but well.
- 6Refrigerate unused portion - if it seems to have dried out later, use just a little white wine vinegar to moisten it up.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cheese Appetizer Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.3
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar