Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaption of Barbara Linn's Marinated Cheese Appetizer Marinated Cheese Appetizer. I give her full credit - and had I had the ability I would have asked her permission first. Barbara, I hope you don't mind.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, crumbles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (16 ounce) box gemelli pasta
- Cut cream cheese into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic in a mason jar with a tight lid.
- Add cubed cream cheese to the jar - shake well - place in refrigerator overnight.
- Fix pasta according to direction on package the day you wish to serve it. Drain well and lightly coat with Extra Virgin oil. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Shake marinade up, and pour into chilled pasta. Add package of crumbled cheddar cheese - mix gently, but well.
- Refrigerate unused portion - if it seems to have dried out later, use just a little white wine vinegar to moisten it up.
This is such an extremely easy dish yet one that will surely please your guests. I love that fact that most of it is made the day ahead of time. The marinated cheese is exceptional. Thanks for sharing, The Thorn of Hudson, FL.
This was good. I would make it agian but leave the cheddar cheese out since I dont feel it needed it. I will add fresh basil next time as well. A good starting point.