1/3 Photos of Marinated Cheese Appetizer
Barbara Linn's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I have made it several times, and it doesn't last long! It does take a while to prepare, but it is worth it. Great presentation and delicious flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half.
- 2Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese.
- 3Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
- 4Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cheese Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.4
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 386.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar