This recipe was given to me by a friend. I have made it several times, and it doesn't last long! It does take a while to prepare, but it is worth it. Great presentation and delicious flavors.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half.
- Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese.
- Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
- Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with crackers.