Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks like a very good appetizer from Taste of Home! The cheese needs to marinate overnight (not included in prep time).
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks white cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup roasted sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- toasted sliced French bread
- assorted cracker
- Slice each block of cheddar cheese into twenty 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut each block of cream cheese into 18 slices; sandwich between cheddar slices, using a knife to spread evenly.
- Create four 6-inch long blocks of cheese; place in a 13x9-inch dish.
- Combine the roasted peppers, oil, vinegars, onions, herbs, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Drain excess marinade.
- Serve cheese with bread or crackers.
This is unbelievably tasty and addictive. Today at a party I put out one of two trays I had made of it...and when that first one got emptied, I didn't put out the 2nd tray because I wanted it all to myself. Sorry, guests, my tastebuds trump yours. ;-)