Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Southern Living October 2006 test kitchen's top rated recipes. When assembling this recipe, make sure the cream cheese is thoroughly chilled for easier slicing.
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- assorted cracker
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Repeat with Cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese in 4 rows in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish, alternating Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese.
- Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Drain marinade; arrange cheese on a platter in rows.
- Top with pimiento, and serve with assorted crackers.
- **I put cooking time as the 8 hours of chill time.
I love the marinated cheese that I buy at the store which is a bit spicy. I liked the bite that the salad dressing mix gave to this although I may add some crushed red pepper next time to make it just that much more spicy.