Recipe by Juenessa
From Southern Living October 2006 test kitchen's top rated recipes. When assembling this recipe, make sure the cream cheese is thoroughly chilled for easier slicing.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I love the marinated cheese that I buy at the store which is a bit spicy. I liked the bite that the salad dressing mix gave to this although I may add some crushed red pepper next time to make it just that much more spicy.
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Repeat with Cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese in 4 rows in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish, alternating Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese.
- Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Drain marinade; arrange cheese on a platter in rows.
- Top with pimiento, and serve with assorted crackers.
- **I put cooking time as the 8 hours of chill time.