Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first tasted this appetizer at an office Christmas party and I was hooked. It is super easy to make, time saving because you make it the night before and is loaded with great taste. Your mouth with thank you for the explosion of flavors.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, about the same size as the cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Slice cream cheese and white cheddar cheese into thin slices. (For easier slicing, place cream cheese in freezer for a few minutes.) Alternately layer the two cheeses.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour dressing mixture on top of cheese.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with a knife to slice through the cheese block and assorted crackers.
I used cheddar, aged provolone, mozzerella and cream cheese all in one container, poured the marinade over and stuck it in the fridge for 4 days...it was excellent!!! Thanks for this yummy appetizer!
That marinade/dressing is out of this world good! I'm surprised there was enough to do the cheese block the way my finger kept "slipping" into the dish, LOL. I froze, as suggested, the cream cheese and making my slices about 1/4 thick, it cut beautifully. Good tip! The block itself didn't hold up as well as I had hoped, the cream cheese going soft very early in the cutting but it was so good nobody really cared. Thanks for a lovely recipe. Made for Good Cookin Fast Beverage Tag.
Super good! I used sharp cheddar and pepperjack. I did have problems slicing the cream cheese and had to put it in the feezer for about 20 mins. I also added some crushed red pepper mostly for color. Everbody really liked this. Thanks for posting.