Recipe by Brenda Marby
Nice side dish. You can use any kind of bean you like. I have used white, kidney and black eye peas as well as ceci ceci beans they all work well. This is so simple yet so good.
Top Review by valarie
This was the first time I had chickpeas, and I tried this recipe because I had all of the ingredients in my pantry. It was really good and super easy. I used garlic powder and dried basil instead of the fresh because that is what I had. Still, it tasted great! Thank you for this quick and easy recipe :)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- in a medium bowl whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar [you can use any flavored vinegar you want].
- add salt and pepper [you can adjust to your taste up or down] whisk again.
- crush garlic and whisk into dressing.
- add beans and basil.
- stir and let set for at least 1 hour.