Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice side dish. You can use any kind of bean you like. I have used white, kidney and black eye peas as well as ceci ceci beans they all work well. This is so simple yet so good.
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- in a medium bowl whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar [you can use any flavored vinegar you want].
- add salt and pepper [you can adjust to your taste up or down] whisk again.
- crush garlic and whisk into dressing.
- add beans and basil.
- stir and let set for at least 1 hour.
This was the first time I had chickpeas, and I tried this recipe because I had all of the ingredients in my pantry. It was really good and super easy. I used garlic powder and dried basil instead of the fresh because that is what I had. Still, it tasted great! Thank you for this quick and easy recipe :)