Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a quick and easy salad to put together. Perfect for company. Very tasty too. From BC's Working Woman's Cookbook--one of my favourites. NOTE: needs to be prepared at least 8 hours before serving. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots, canned
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Mix the French dressing, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the carrots, green peppers and onion slices; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
"Peter Rabbit" came to visit, so I was beside myself as to what to prepare for this regal hare. I thought, and thought, and thought. "Wait a minute!" I said to myself. I know of a dear friend with a great recipe that includes all of "Peter Rabbit's" most favorite veggies! So, I set about early in the morn, when the sun started to rise to put together this lovely, flavored, creative, salad... so.. he could nibble on at free will, and feel proud of himself that he since he was a healthy sort of fellow. I followed this exactly, with one exception of using red pepper instead of green. Alas, you cannot go wrong with great tub of carrots and love! Made for Healthy Choice April 2011.
This was surprisingly good! The flavours all came together so nicely, and was a lovely addition to our meal. I didn't have time to marinate it for 8 hours, it only got 4-5 hours, but it didn't seem to hurt the flavour. Hubby & I both agree that this will be a good salad to take along to BBQs this summer! [Made for Aus/NZ Swap]