Top Review by Mirj
We had these last night along with some leftover chicken, and they were very good. We can't get canned tomato soup where I live so I used tomato juice. I've never tasted tomato-y carrots like these before, and the small amount of leftovers are going in my bag-lunch tomorrow.
- 2 lbs baby carrots, boiled 10-15 minutes
- 2 red onions, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can tomato soup (low sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Equal sugar substitute (or 1/2 c. regular sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Refresh carrots by draining hot water and covering with cold water to cool.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Slice into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Toss with onions and peppers.
- Prepare sauce by bringing all ingredients (except soup) to a boil.
- Add soup and while stirring over medium high heat, allow to"boil up" to blend.
- Pour over vegetables, toss and chill.
- This holds well for several days in the refrigerator, and is very low in calories.