Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This sounds like it would be good on crusty bread. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds fab and is definitely in my must try list.
- 3 red capsicums (peppers)
- 3 -5 sprigs thyme, fresh (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, flat leaf pref
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 spring onion, diced fine (scallion)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Grill capsicums on hob if you have gas or in the oven until it blackens.
- Cool in a plastic bag.
- Gently peel the black off but do not rinse.
- Slice in long strips.
- Combine capsicum with the thyme, garlic, parsley, bayleaf and spring onion.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients, season well.
- Pour over capsicum and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Will keep for up to three days in the fridge.
I tried these for the Pick Your Chef event, and even though I've been roasting peppers for eons I was very happy with this recipe, must be the parsley. I actually made this recipe twice in one day, once with some Hungarian sweet paprika and the second time with some smoked paprika. Both times the peppers came out amazing. Used one batch in a pasta salad and the second batch I served with grilled chicken breasts. Excellent recipe!