1/3 Photos of Marinated Calamari
This calamari is so juicy and tender. The squid is tenderised by overnight soaking in milk. Tossed in flour and deep fried. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a salad on the side. Any quantities of squid can be used for this recipe- just adjust ingredient amounts to suit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slcie the squid into rings and place in a small mixing bowl.
- 2Cover the squid with milk (use more or less as required. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (or at least overnight).
- 3Drain the calamari and discard the milk. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 4Toss calamari in flour. I use a large plastic bag to do this.
- 5Deep fry until golden. Serve hot.
- 6Do not overcook the calamari as it may toughen.
- 7NOTE: Cooking time does not include overnight marination time.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 69.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: