Recipe by **Jubes**
This calamari is so juicy and tender. The squid is tenderised by overnight soaking in milk. Tossed in flour and deep fried. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a salad on the side. Any quantities of squid can be used for this recipe- just adjust ingredient amounts to suit.
Top Review by Peter J
Mmmmm! I prepared exactly as described, the thing I loved about the long marination time was that it allowed it do be deep-fried a little longer than I'd normally do which gave a great crispness to the flour coating while remaining tender on the inside. Only change I made was the number of servings, the two of us had no problems devouring the full quantity it was so good!
- 4 medium squid, use the hoods sliced into rings
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 use bottled minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour or 1⁄2 cup use gluten-free flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Slcie the squid into rings and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Cover the squid with milk (use more or less as required. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (or at least overnight).
- Drain the calamari and discard the milk. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Toss calamari in flour. I use a large plastic bag to do this.
- Deep fry until golden. Serve hot.
- Do not overcook the calamari as it may toughen.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include overnight marination time.