Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lighter way of eating calamari by the Italians
- Clean squid:.
- Hold squid with one hand, with the other hand hold head and pull gently, head and inside of body will come away in one compact piece.
- Cut tentacles from head.
- Remove bone found at open end of squid (it looks like a long thin piece of plastic).
- Clean squid under cold running water
- Rub off brown outer skin.
- Cut squid into 5mm rings.
- Drop rings into rapidly boiling water, reduce heat, simmer 10-15 minutes or until squid is tender.
- Combine lemon juice and oil.
- Add squid, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, add crushed garlic and parsley to marinade, mix well, let stand 2 hours or longer in marinade.
- Serve in the marinade.