Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Barney's Steak & Seafood in Orlando, FL. This salad/side dish should be marinated overnight prior to serving.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Cook brussels sprouts briefly in boiling water for no more than 3 minutes, just long enough to thaw the sprouts. Do not let them become soft. The vegetables should be crisp when marinated.
- Drain thoroughly so that water doesn't dilute the marinade.
- Put remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wire whisk.
- Combine marinade with brussels sprouts. Refrigerate vegetable mixture in a plastic or glass covered container overnight.
This is a good cold salad, with lots of spice. I used much less oil (2 tablespoons), half the vinegar, and no sugar for our tastes.