Recipe by Hey Jude
Brussels sprouts! You either love them, or hate them...I happen to love them and I love them done this way. This is a good cocktail snack or a good addition to a salad buffet. This is a Marian Morash (Victory Garden) recipe. Prep time does not include marinading time.
Top Review by Squirrelette
Yummy! I like brussel sprouts to begin with, but I think that even those who aren't normally fans will like this because while this dish tastes like vegetables, there is no taste of THAT veggie ;-P And the dressing is very light and tart, not heavy and oily like commercially marinated artichokes, etc.
- 3⁄4 lb small Brussels sprout
- 1 lb small mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and wash sprouts and then steam or blanch them until just barely tender.
- Cool slightly, then cut off the tip of each sprout so that the marinade will penetrate down into the innermost part of the sprouts.
- Place them in a bowl.
- Wipe mushrooms clean, remove stems and place caps in bowl with the sprouts.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a saucepan*.
- Pour over sprouts and mushrooms.
- Once the marinade has slightly cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving to take off the chill.
- *If you want, tie the herbs and garlic in a bouquet garni and remove when serving.