Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Unbelievably quick and easy, you can marinate overnight, or throw it together 15 minutes before cooking. This is one of our summertime favorites. Serve with rice and a vegetable.
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb pork chop
- Preheat broiler (or prepare outdoor grill).
- Mix together all ingredients except pork chops; pour over the pork chops, making sure they're all well coated; let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate for longer marinating.
- Broil, or grill, for at least 3 1/2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve at once.
I just used light (lower-sodium) soy sauce to replace the combination of light and dark soy sauce. I marinated the chops in the fridge about 8 hours. The pork chops were highly flavorful and unbelievably tender. My sister asked for the recipe, so I know we'll both be making this again and again.
I really loved the asian flavour of these grilled chops and can't wait to make them again; my whole family enjoyed them as well. I used tamari soy and rice wine vinegar; I added no salt, no pepper, no garlic, nothing that the recipe didn't indicate. I also marinated my chops in the fridge for about 4 hours. The flavour was wonderful and I particularly noticed -- and enjoyed -- the taste of the sesame oil. Thanks for posting!