Recipe by mer@
Here's a different appetizer for the broccoli lover and curry lover. Got this recipe from a friend many years ago at a dinner party and it was wonderful. Passed the recipe on to my brother and SIL and they still make it.Hope you'll enjoy it too!
- 3 heads raw broccoli
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse broccoli and cut or break into small florets.
- Pour marinade over broccoli; place in a sealed bowl or zipper bag.
- Turn frequently to mix and let marinate at least 2 hrs.
- Combine ingredients for dip.
- Place dip, covered, in refrigerator and let seasonings blend for at least 2 hours.
- You may want to make the actual dip the night before so that all flavors have blended nicely.
- Before serving, drain broccoli of marinade and serve with curry dip.
- Cook time is marinating time.