Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From More Recipes from a Kitchen Garden – Shepherd’s Garden Seeds
- stems from 4-5 large broccoli stem (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Peel broccoli stems; cut into 1/8 to ¼ inch slices.
- In a bowl or large jar, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and tarragon, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add broccoli, stirring to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice.
- Before serving, drain off liquid and stir in sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.